The advance notification / -inquiry shall be made to the Vessel services through PortNet, e-mail or by fax using a form that meets all statutory requirements. (Supplements 3 and 4)
The Port will not reply to defectively filled out inquiries and therefore will not grant a permit for the requested shipments. The advance notification on import/export taking place at weekend or holiday must be submitted to the Port of Turku 24 hours earlier on the preceding business day.
An advance notification must be submitted on all dangerous goods (goods in the IMDG code, excluding liquid fuels transported as bulk) to be transported through the Port of Turku. The notification shall be made in time, at least 24 hours before the cargo unit is brought to the Port. The consignor is responsible for the notification. Dangerous goods that have not been reported will not be taken in.
When transporting extremely dangerous goods or other dangerous goods weighing more than 120,000 kg, in addition to an advance notification, an advance inquiry must be submitted three days before the arrival to the Port of Turku.
IMDG-classes and shipment volumes requiring advance inquiry
- Class 1 explosives, excluding 1.4S
- Class 5.2 organic peroxides
- Class 7 radioactive substances, with the exception YK nrot 2908-2911
- The advance inquiry also applies to other IMDG classes in case of large shipments (over 120,000 kg).
Goods in the IMDG class 1 (explosives), 5.2 (organic peroxides) and 7 (radioactive substances) must be transported directly out of the port area, or in case of export must be loaded directly on the ship without delay.
Maximum volumes of explosives/shipment
- Class 1.1, 1.2 consignment 20,000 kg
- Class 1.3 consignment 80,000 kg
- Class 1.4 consignment 120,000 kg
Maximum volumes of organic peroxides/shipment
- Class 5.2 consignment 20,000 kg
When transporting extremely dangerous goods, it must be ensured with an advance inquiry whether the shipment can be transported via the Port. The advance inquiry must be submitted three days earlier to the Port of Turku. Extremely dangerous substances include:
- Class 1 explosives (excluding 1.4S),
- class 5.2 (organic peroxides) when the weight of the shipment is more than 20,000 kg
- class 7 (radioactive material), with the exception of UN 2908-2911.
The advance inquiry also applies to all other IMDG classes in case of large shipments (over 120,000 kg). Division 1.4S does not fall under advance inquiry.
All transports falling under advance inquiry are direct exports/imports. They must be picked up directly from the ship or driven directly to the ship. They must not be stored in the port area even temporarily.